In stock mid May, hemp fitteds are now natural colour and stitching as main photo on baby.The original Baby BeeHinds fitted nappy. Known and loved worldwide! Made from our customised Hemp/Organic Cotton fleece fabric, these nappies are shaped exactly like the Bamboo Fitted to fit & contour your baby's shape where it matters for a snug fit all round.
- 100% Natural Fibres (55% Hemp, 45% Organic Cotton)
- OSFM Design - suitable for Newborn to Toddlers
- Hemp is grown without pesticides & are highly renewable resources
- Adjustable absorbency with two Hemp Fleece inserts included
- Superior absorbency so great for nights, long journeys & day time
- Exceptional breathability being 100% natural fibres
- Hemp is a stronger fabric than bamboo, so is longer lasting & more resilient to acidic wee.
- Great coverage & serged edged keep poo- spolsions contained!
These Fitted nappies do require a waterproof cover to make them waterproof. Each nappy includes two hemp inserts, 1 long, 1 short that can be snapped into the front or back snaps & give you the ability to customise absorbency as your baby grows.
They fit the average sized baby through from birth to toddlerhood, however very solid or tall toddlers may outgrow them earlier than a toddler of average height and weight.
Fold down the front to fit raise. When folded down inserts are snapped into the back poppers
Each nappy includes 2 inserts. 1 long & 1 short insert which are snapped into the front or back snaps. Both inserts can be used together or individually & gives you the ability to adjust absorbency as your babies needs change as they grow.
- High Rise on smaller babies, then become Low Rise on a toddler as they grow.
- Superior breathability! Natural fibres allow better breathability, so in summer or hot climates leave a cover off for ultimate breathability for bubs skin!
- Super absorbent means they take longer to dry than other styles, however if you have a minimum of 24-26 nappies for full time use, you will have plenty of options whilst your fitteds are drying!
Folding the inserts
FOLD FOR BOYS or TUMMY SLEEPERS.
Boys & tummy sleepers need more absorbency at the front. These examples are to use the nappy on the full size setting. Snap the long insert into the snaps at the front of the nappy .Fold the long insert in 3, and place so the 3 layers are sitting from the middle to front of the nappy. If you want additional boosting, snap the shorter booster into the back of the nappy & lay it over or under the 3 layers at the front.
FOR GIRLS OR BACK SLEEPERS.
This is using the nappy on the full size setting. Snap the long insert into the back snaps. Bring the long insert forward to the front snaps, then fold it back so the end of the insert sits in line with the back snaps. For additional boosting snap the short insert into the front snaps and lay over (or under the long insert).
*** Please keep in mind there is no right or wrong way to fold the inserts. Try a few different combination to see what works for your baby. You can use both or just one insert, two long, two short for example.
*** For the new-born/smaller size settings, you will need to snap the long inserts into the back snaps as front snaps are used to fasten nappy when folded down.
Night Nappy Option: They offer fantastic absorbency for day-time use, and can successfully be used overnight on average-heavy wetters when teamed with a night booster (or 2 if required) and Wool nappy cover.
If line-drying, after some time they may feel 'stiff' when you bring them in off the clothesline. We compare them to the feeling of a pair of denim jeans that has been line dried. A short tumble in the drier to finish off, or a manual scrunch by hand will soften them up before baby wears them, and of course, baby's own body heat will also soften the nappies whilst being worn. It is normal for natural fibres to dry somewhat stiffer than pure synthetic fibres when line-dried. Hemp Fitteds can be dried in the dryer on LOW - this will also keep them softer. Hemp Fleece can also be prone to piling of the fabric during the initial prewashes. This is not a fault of the fabric, and any piling should stop after the initial prewashes. Choose Hemp for excellent absorbency along with all natural fibres!
Pre Wash 3-4 times (no detergent) prior to using to open up the bamboo fibres. No need to dry between cycles.
They will reach best absorbency after 8 + washes
- Remove solids from nappy & place in nappy bucket (dry pail method, no soaking)
Wash nappies every second day to prevent mould.
See our Washing Advice for recommendations.
Line Dry or tumble dry on LOW